Wednesday, September 21, 2005

CARLOS RECOMMENDS!

THE FILIPINO BOOKSTORE by Bookmark
264-A Pablo Ocampo Sr. Ave., Makati City
(between Metropolitan Ave. and Zobel Roxas)

tel. 895-8061 to 65
I don't usually give trade secrets away. But I'm in a good mood today, so I think I'll share this pearl of information with all of you mortals out there. Tucked away on Pablo Ocampo Sr. Ave. (also known as Vito Cruz Extension) is the best Filipiniana bookstore in the Megalopolis. From photo albums of Old Manila and Corregidor, to biographies of historical icons like Imelda Marcos and Jose Rizal, to children's books, postcards, cookbooks, and limited edition publications, The Filipino Bookstore is definitely the place to go for all publications Filipino. And the best part of it all is that they are ALWAYS ON SALE! Either that, or it's so cheap that it feels like it is. I once found a rare monograph, THE ART AND ARCHITECTURE OF LEANDRO V. LOCSIN for only Php3000.00. Insane. This is where I go for my Christmas shopping or for giveaways for my tours. Don't tell anyone.