Monday, June 28, 2010

CARLOS RECOMMENDS!


POLEMICS OF POLE ART:

June 30, Wednesday
830pm -1030pm
The Living Room, Manila.
Unit 24, North Syquia Apartments
1991 MH del Pilar, Malate, Manila

Bring your own Booze:

An invitation from Pole artist Ms. Eisa Jocson;

I am inviting everyone to a small Research Gathering where I will talk about my recent visit to Belgium and how several art projects evolved during my stay there. After the presentation I will be performing a new pole piece that I've been working on in collaboration with Rasa Alksnyte during my artist residency at FoAM in Brussels.

The main goal of this Research Gathering is essentially to share the early stages of my projects, opening up my process to the public in an informal and inspiring setting, inviting discussions, feedback and comments that would help in the further evolution of the projects.

I will present my experimental video project ‘Bars’ that is currently in development at SoundImageCulture in Brussels and explores the communities of pole dancers in Manila. 'Stainless Borders: The Deconstruction of Architectures of Control' merges pole dancing and urban intervention. The project explores and maps the relationship between the human body and the urban landscape through a pole dance vocabulary. Thirdly, I will talk about my upcoming contribution to Coup de Ville, an international art festival in Sint-Niklaas in September. I will also share the experiences of my artist residency at FoAM focusing on the collaboration with choreographer Rasa Alksnyte in making a pole dance piece based on a drawing exercise.

Hope to see you on Wednesday night at The Living Room.