Sunday, August 29, 2010

FROM THE MAILBAG...

A LETTER FROM CHINA.
For the last week, I've been on the line with some international publications (a few in China, some from the US and Mideast) who were asking for my take on the bus hostage situation, its reasons and ramifications. This morning, I received a letter from one of the many journalists I was dealing with in Mainland China. It really put things in perspective for me. And as I hope, for the many Filipinos and Chinese nationals out there who have access to blogspot.com.

Of course, unlike us, Mainland China doesn't have this tricky thing called democracy and freedom of press, so please forgive me for not including her/his name.

Dear Mr Carlos Celdran,

Thank you for your kindness help last week. I think it really helped our readers to understand more about the situation fillippinos are facing, rather than conspiracy and hysteria.

Unfortunately I'm a Chinese Citizen, which means even though our country are now claimed to be the second largest economy I still have to obtain a visa to your country, Even I tried really hard to secure a visa last week, I can't manage to get one on time.

Once again I have to base in China to report international affairs.

I read this blog about this incident on Philippine Online Chronicle today.

http://thepoc.net/commentaries/9522-hostage-crisis-and-a-broken-nation.html


which made me to think the problems our two nation facing are amazingly similar. Inept and corruption also the biggest problems of our administration, and it's also the ordinary people are paying for the price.

I've been reading your blogs these days, and fall in love with the dynamic manila. Through this blog I can see your love of your nation. I've been to XXXX in XXX last year, and only spend X hours at the manila international airport.Maybe next time I will pay a visit to the capital.

If you have time, I would love to have a more in-depth talk to you on phone about Philippine the nation and this incident, hopefully I can bring more sympathy to my readers.

Your's Faithful
XXX XXXX XX

I invited him out for a San Miguel Beer should he come back to visit Manila. But at the end of it all, we must realize that many Chinese out there acknowledge that we have to much in common to throw our relationship away.

Just like us, even they know that this too, shall pass.